US Army Unit Crest: Engineer Center & School – Motto: ESSAYONS
The distinctive unit insignia was originally authorized for The Engineer School, Fort Humphreys, VA, on 27 Jun 1929. The insignia was amended to extend authorization for wear to personnel of the U.S. Army Engineer Center and Fort Belvoir on 14 Dec 1976. On 21 Aug 1987 the lettering of the motto was changed. On 21 Dec 1994 the authorization for wear was amended to include all personnel assigned to the U.S. Army Engineer Center and Fort Leonard Wood.